This Intramuscular Injections training course is delivered onsite for groups of up to 12 learners and is targeted at all clinical staff and is designed for all enrolled nurses, RGNs, & qualified staff who may have not conducted Intramuscular Injections before or may require a refresher course to update their skill set. Those attending the course will gain updates on their theory skills and will be provided the opportunity to practice Intramuscular Injections before carrying out the procedure in a work environment.Info & Booking Enquiry
The learning outcomes for this training are for the students to be able to:
- Describe the need for administration of medicine by injection.
- Discuss how the drug is safely managed and administered.
- Appreciate and be able to manage the potential risks associated with the process.
- Describe the checks required with regard to patient safety.
- Consider which may be the most appropriate injection site for delivery of the injection
Following the theory aspect there will be a practical session enabling all participants to put their skills into practice in a controlled environment.
- Course overview
- Course Programme
- Intramuscular Injections Awareness
- What is an intramuscular injection?
- What should I know about the syringe?
- Where can I give an intramuscular injection?
- How do I choose the best place for an intramuscular injection?
- What are the risks of an intramuscular injection?
- What items do I need to give an injection?
- How do I give an intramuscular injection?
- Patient identification
- Patient consent
- Universal precautions
- Selecting a site
- Potential problems which may be encountered & solutions
- Instruction & practice with manikin
After successful completion of the course a certificate will be provided. Competency must be achieved in the workplace within 6 months
Course Assessment and Certification
The assessment is completed with simulated practical assessments and on successful completion of the training learners will be issued with a certificate of attendance which is valid for 2 years.
This course is often booked with these courses:
Onsite Training Locations
Tidal Training provide onsite face to face healthcare training to large and small organisations across the United Kingdom. Our tutors will travel to your workplace or choice of venue and deliver training at a time and date which fits in with your organisation’s work commitments. If you require training outside of normal working hours we will be more than happy to support you. Our clients do not have to pay for mileage or any other added extras.
Information & Pricing
Make an Enquiry
Use the form below to contact us today for more information on our courses and to get a free no obligation quote. We'll respond within 2 hours (usually sooner).
Prefer to Talk?
Talk to our team of experts for more info and pricing.
- Brighton and Hove
- Kingston upon Hull
- City of London
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- St Albans
- St Davids
- Wherever you are!