This Basic Life Support & Automated External Defibrillator training course is perfect for anyone who may need to use a defibrillator even if you have no prior first aid knowledge.Info & Booking Enquiry
The course is suitable for anyone, whether or not they have received some form of first aid training previously as our experienced trainers take each candidate through each step of the rescue process.
During the course our candidates will learn about:
- Update and reflect on the Resuscitation
- Council (UK) guidelines for Basic Life Support (BLS)
- The ABCDE approach
- Risks to the rescuer
- Respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Recovery position
- Lay person -v- healthcare professional
- Professional and legal responsibilities
- Practice with manikins
- Heart Conditions and treatment of an unconscious casualty
- Basic life support & CPR (cardio-pulmonary resuscitation)
- UK Resuscitation Council Guidelines
- Safe use of an AED
- Understand the principles of BLS and relate them to the work environment
- Plus plenty of practice time learning how to safely operate an AED
Students will understand each step of the rescue process:
- Understanding why someone would suffer from cardiac arrest
- How and why a defibrillator works
- Successfully being able to use a defibrillator safely and effectively.
Course Assessment and Certification
There will be continuous tutor assessment on Basic Life Support and the correct use of the defibrillator.
Those students who complete the course and are deemed to have reached the required standard will be awarded a certificate which is valid for 12 months.
Onsite Training Locations
Tidal Training provide onsite face to face healthcare training to large and small group organisations and across the United Kingdom. Our tutors will travel to your workplace or choice of venue and deliver training at a time and date which fits in with your organisations work commitments. If you require training outside of normal working hours we will be more than happy to support you.
Information & Pricing
Make an Enquiry
Use the form below to contact us today for more information on our courses and to get a free no obligation quote. We'll respond within 2 hours (usually sooner).
Prefer to Talk?
Talk to our team of experts for more info and pricing.
- Brighton and Hove
- Kingston upon Hull
- City of London
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- St Albans
- St Davids
- Wherever you are!