Good catheter care involves good hygiene, observation, infection control, monitoring well-being and prevention of issues associated with catheterisation. This Catheter Care training covers all these issues to maximise the benefits and minimise the issues of catheterisation for your patient/client group.Info & Booking Enquiry
By the end of the course attendees will be familiar with reasons for catheterisation, the equipment required and the theory of catheter removal.
- Why Catheterise?
- Male & Female anatomy and physiology
- The advantages and risks associated with catheterisation
- Reducing the risk of infection
- Infection prevention and control procedures
- Selection of catheter drainage options.
- Catheter attachment methods
- Maintaining a closed draining system
- Obtaining urine specimens
- Removal of the catheter (theory)
- Positioning of the catheter (post procedure)
Course Assessment and Certification
After successful completion of the course a certificate of attendance will be issued which is valid for 2 years.
This course is often booked with the following courses:
- Catheterisation Training
- Catheterisation Refresher Training
- Continence Awareness Training
- Infection Control
This course is also delivered on one of our “Excellence in Care” Series open courses in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire.
Click the logo below to find out more.
Onsite Training Locations
Tidal Training provide onsite face to face healthcare training to large and small organisations across the United Kingdom. Our tutors will travel to your workplace or choice of venue and deliver training at a time and date which fits in with your organisation’s work commitments. If you require training outside of normal working hours we will be more than happy to support you. Our clients do not have to pay for mileage or any other added extras.
Information & Pricing
Make an Enquiry
Use the form below to contact us today for more information on our courses and to get a free no obligation quote. We'll respond within 2 hours (usually sooner).
Prefer to Talk?
Talk to our team of experts for more info and pricing.
- Brighton and Hove
- Kingston upon Hull
- City of London
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- St Albans
- St Davids
- Wherever you are!