We have now developed a new course to support staff when dealing with the casualty following safe removal of the ligature. First Aid After Ligature training has been developed by our team including our clinical lead who has 30 years experience as a state registered paramedic.
This course provides delegate with the skills and knowledge to recognise ligature injuries and treat the casualty immediately until professional help arrives.Info & Booking Enquiry
The course has been designed so it can be delivered as a stand alone course or a bolt on to Ligature Training which is also a three hour course we provide.
This First Aid After Ligature training gives staff more of an understanding regarding risk assessments, skills and knowledge to recognise ligature injuries, treat a casualty and also to safely remove someone from suspension.
This course complies with current UK and European resuscitation guidelines (Resus Council UK) and includes the following:
- To understand the classifications of ligature strangulation by hanging
- To have an awareness of the pathophysiology of ligature strangulation
- To understand the clinical features of ligature strangulation
- Be aware of the complications regarding ligature strangulation by hanging
- Be able to recognise the signs and symptoms of Ligature Strangulation
- To be able to identify the signs of laryngeal or tracheal injury
- To know what to do when releasing a casualty from hanging and to be alert to any possible cervical injury
- To be able to perform CPR when there is a suspected cervical neck injury using the jaw thrust manoeuvre
- To be able to perform CPR If they are not breathing normally and cervical injury not suspected
- To be able to place a casualty in the recovery position
Course Assessment and Certification
There will be simulated practical assessments.
Upon successful completion of the training learners will be issued with a certificate of attendance which is valid for two years.
Recommendation on Re-Training
It is recognised that the use of ligature cutters and first aid after ligature are emergency procedures which may or may not be used on a regular basis. The frequency which individuals use the procedure will have an effect on their level of skill and confidence. It is recommended therefore that individuals attend a refresher course within two years.
Onsite Training Locations
Tidal Training provide onsite face to face healthcare training to large and small organisations across the United Kingdom. Our tutors will travel to your workplace or choice of venue and deliver training at a time and date which fits in with your organisation’s work commitments. If you require training outside of normal working hours we will be more than happy to support you. Our clients do not have to pay for mileage or any other added extras.
Information & Pricing
Make an Enquiry
Use the form below to contact us today for more information on our courses and to get a free no obligation quote. We'll respond within 2 hours (usually sooner).
Prefer to Talk?
Talk to our team of experts for more info and pricing.
- Brighton and Hove
- Kingston upon Hull
- City of London
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- St Albans
- St Davids
- Wherever you are!