09nov9:30 am4:30 pmFeaturedCare Planning Training (Elderly Care) | Open Course in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire | 9th November 2022Designed to enable learners to understand the process and what is involved in Care Planning, know the information that is needed and how it should be recorded. Learners will also learn how to support an individual with advance care planning.
Welcome to the "Excellence in Care Series" We understand that a lot of businesses find it difficult to release all staff to attend training. For this reason
Welcome to the “Excellence in Care Series”
We understand that a lot of businesses find it difficult to release all staff to attend training. For this reason we are now running open courses at our training venue in Cheltenham to give organisations and individuals the opportunity to book onto a course with minimum disruption to the working day.
Our open courses are ideal for anyone working in the healthcare sector. You can attend the courses as an individual or a number of your staff can be booked onto the course. There are a maximum of 15 places available.
Training made easy for you
With a lot of new regulations coming into force, it is vital now more than ever that you are able to provide appropriate training for your workforce.
Supporting you with staff recruitment & retention
It’s a fact that quality training increases recruitment and aids retention. A vital issue in your sector where good staff seem to be becoming ever more thin on the ground. Our bespoke training packages are designed specifically to help you.
Helping you increased productivity
Well trained staff are able to carry out their duties more efficiently. Organisations with a well trained workforce suffer less safeguard incidents. Well trained staff work more efficiently and have more confidence in their job role.
Improving standards of care delivery
Care Planning Training
This Care Planning training gives care and support workers key knowledge and a better understanding to effectively write a care plans for the individuals they support whilst ensuring that a clear log is available for CQC and Ofsted inspections. Care planning can be complex and can vary between different care sectors.
This training will enable learners to understand the process and what is involved in Care Planning, know the information that is needed and how it should be recorded. They will also learn how to support an individual with advance care planning.
The course is targeted to all health and social care workers who are involved in the process of care planning and work in settings such as Care Homes, Day Centres, or supporting an in supported living or an individual in their own home.
- What is a Care Plan?
- What is Person Centred Care?
- The components of the Care Planning Cycle
- Required levels of communication, use of documentation and record keeping
- The importance of Care Plan reviews, their purpose
- Risk Management / Assessments
- Partnership Working
- How to develop care plans
- How to carry out assessments
- ‘This is me’ section
- Review care plans regularly and in response to critical incident / Change in Risk
- Who is responsible for which part of the process
- What not to do
- How to carry out risk management
- Wording to use
- Person Centred Planning
- Partnership Working
- Meeting Professional, local, national standards following recommended best practice.
- Aims, Actions, Responsibilities
- Goal Setting – Setting out what do you want to achieve, by when, how to measure success and measuring weather or not we have achieved it.
- Accessibility to care plans by all supporting in the client’s life.
- Linking care planning to reviews.
- Useful/ Good Practice re: Behaviour Support
- What to cover for meeting safeguarding, legal requirements
Care Planning Training Assessment and Certification
There will be continuous tutor assessment, there is no final examination.
Those students who complete the course and are deemed to have reached the required standard will be awarded a certificate that is valid for 2 years.
Cost: £90.00 + Vat per person which includes refreshments.
Tidal Training Ltd
Book a place
For more information and pricing please contact one of the team and we will be delighted to support you.