Introduction to Care Course | The Care Certificate is an ideal 4 day classroom based training programme for new and experienced nursing and care staff planning to or already working within a health & social care setting. This induction and update course covers all mandatory subjects and incorporates information required to complete all of the 15 standards as set out in the Care Certificate.Info & Booking Enquiry
The course has been developed so that it meets requirements for new and existing staff into a nursing home, residential home, domiciliary or other care setting whilst maintaining compliance with CQC guidelines and induction standards.
What is covered on the course?
All fifteen standards are covered in this package and in addition we have added more important knowledge based subjects.
Each standard contains a number of areas of knowledge that care workers need to know before they can work unsupervised. Managers have a duty to ensure new staff know enough to meet the required outcomes in each knowledge area.
To induct staff into a care setting and to impart the knowledge required to carry out the role of a support worker.
The course aims to ensure competence, professionalism and continuity across the workforce which will enable your organisation and staff to meet a duty of care to service users.
- Understand the role of the carer
- Identify how to access support mechanisms and information
- Demonstrate awareness of policies and procedures for the workplace
- Duty of care toward those using the service
- Person centred care and planning
- Ensure that confidentiality is maintained at all times within the workplace
- Work in a safe and professional manner at all times
- Demonstrate awareness of the care and support a client may require
- Identify their own limitations in regard to all aspects of client involvement and care
- Identify the importance of the clear and accurate recording of information
- Understand, recognise and support those with mental health, dementia and learning disability
- Demonstrate safe moving and handling of people, including the use of equipment
- Demonstrate awareness of relevant Health and Safety Legislation
- Explain the importance of RIDDOR and CoSHH regulations
- Discuss measures that can be taken in a care setting to reduce the risk of infection
- Identify the key components of food safety
- Discuss how a client may be supported in maintaining a good food and fluid intake
- Identify what the safeguarding of adults and children may involved
- Discuss how to support a person who discloses information about alleged abuse
- Explain the whistle blowing policy
- Demonstrate how to assess the unresponsive casualty
- Demonstrate Adult and Child CPR
- Explain how to deal with a casualty who is choking
- Demonstrate how to deal with a casualty who is bleeding
The 15 standards in the Care Certificate are:
- Understand your role
- Your personal development
- Duty of care
- Equality and diversity
- Work in a person centred way
- Privacy and dignity
- Fluids and nutrition
- Awareness of mental health, dementia and learning disability
- Safeguarding adults
- Safeguarding Children
- Basic Life Support
- Health and Safety
- Handling information
- Infection prevention and control
Course Assessment and Certification
How is the qualification assessed?
The course is assessed in the form of a multiple-choice examination, where the candidate must answer at least 20 out of 30 questions correctly. The examination will take a maximum of 1 hour to complete. Practical assessments will also have to be completed on the Basic Life Support and People Handling and Hoist Techniques.
What do I do next?
New induction staff can then progress onto a 12 week induction programme implemented by their employer who will need to monitor and assess staff to compete the Care Certificate. Existing staff who have already completed their induction will need to complete the Care Certificate within 6 months.
For more information on how to complete the Care Certificate click here
Onsite Training Locations
Tidal Training provide onsite face to face healthcare training to large and small organisations across the United Kingdom. Our tutors will travel to your workplace or choice of venue and deliver training at a time and date which fits in with your organisation’s work commitments. If you require training outside of normal working hours we will be more than happy to support you. Our clients do not have to pay for mileage or any other added extras.
Information & Pricing
Make an Enquiry
Use the form below to contact us today for more information on our courses and to get a free no obligation quote. We'll respond within 2 hours (usually sooner).
Prefer to Talk?
Talk to our team of experts for more info and pricing.
- Brighton and Hove
- Kingston upon Hull
- City of London
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- St Albans
- St Davids
- Wherever you are!