Webinar Available for this course
Live interactive webinar and onsite face to face training available for this course This course is now being delivered to groups via live interactive webinar as well as onsite face to face and will be delivered by our professional and qualified educators. If you require further information, please complete the booking enquiry form on this page or call 01242 371 999
This learning disability training course aims to build learners awareness and understanding of learning disabilities. The course will assist learners in understanding what it means to have a learning disability and help guide them on ways of supporting individual with learning disabilitiesInfo & Booking Enquiry
- What do you know about learning disabilities?
- What effects a learning disability has on the individual and their families
- How to support those with learning disabilities
- The need for clear communication and ensuring there is a person centred approach
- To avoid diagnostic overshadowing by being aware of and acknowledging unconscious bias.
- To be aware of STOMP and STAMP in relation to overmedication.
- To look at the lessons learnt from Learning from Lives and Deaths review (LeDeR).
- What are reasonable adjustments and how they can be made.
- The Mental Capacity Act 2005 and The Equality Act 2010.
- When and how to use Do Not Attempt Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- How to improve communication with a person with learning disabilities and their family
- Be aware of how hospital passports and annual health checks play a part in the care and support of people with learning disabilities.
On completion Learners will be able to demonstrate a much improved knowledge of learning disabilities and their roles and responsibilities when supporting someone with learning disabilities.
Assessment & Certification
Assessment will be by continuous assessment by the trainer – there is no ‘test’ paper.
A certificate of attendance will be issued upon successful completion of course.
This course is often booked with the following courses:
Onsite Training Locations
Tidal Training provide onsite face to face healthcare training to large and small organisations across the United Kingdom. Our tutors will travel to your workplace or choice of venue and deliver training at a time and date which fits in with your organisation’s work commitments. If you require training outside of normal working hours we will be more than happy to support you. Our clients do not have to pay for mileage or any other added extras.
Information & Pricing
Make an Enquiry
Use the form below to contact us today for more information on our courses and to get a free no obligation quote. We'll respond within 2 hours (usually sooner).
Prefer to Talk?
Talk to our team of experts for more info and pricing.
- Brighton and Hove
- Kingston upon Hull
- City of London
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- St Albans
- St Davids
- Wherever you are!