Webinar Available for this course
Live interactive webinar and onsite face to face training available for this course This course is now being delivered to groups via live interactive webinar as well as onsite face to face and will be delivered by our professional and qualified educators. If you require further information, please complete the booking enquiry form on this page or call 01242 371 999
Group Training For Support Workers | 3 Hour Course For Up To Fifteen learners
This Challenging Behaviour course is designed to give healthcare care workers more of an understanding into Challenging Behaviour and how to support an individual presenting with such behaviours.Info & Booking Enquiry
This Challenging Behaviour training course will help learners benefit from having knowledge of how to recognise the signs and symptoms of challenging behaviour within their working environment.
The course will help learners identify causes and how to deal with situations using simple interventions in difficult and potentially volatile situations.
- Theories and function of behaviour
- Why do people behave as they do?
- What is ‘challenging’ behaviour?
- How to motivate individuals to change behaviour
- Preventing challenging behaviour
- Strategies for managing challenging behaviour
- Challenging our own assumptions about people and their behaviour
- To highlight the need for vigilance when working with clients with challenging behaviour
- Define challenging behaviour
- Follow guidelines in the workplace dealing with challenging behaviour
- Defusing and De-escalation techniques
- Work safely with service users who show signs of challenging behaviour
Challenging Behaviour Course Assessment and Certification
There will be continuous tutor assessment, there is no final examination.
Those students who complete the course and are deemed to have reached the required standard will be awarded a certificate that is valid for 3 years.
This course is often booked with the following courses:
- Acquired Brain Injury (ABI)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Autism Awareness
- Challenging Behaviour and Breakaway Techniques Training
- Conflict Management
- Mental Capacity Act & Deprivation of Liberties Safeguarding (MCA & DoLS)
- Professional Boundaries
- Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults
Onsite Training Locations
Tidal Training provide onsite face to face healthcare training to large and small organisations across the United Kingdom. Our tutors will travel to your workplace or choice of venue and deliver training at a time and date which fits in with your organisation’s work commitments. If you require training outside of normal working hours we will be more than happy to support you. Our clients do not have to pay for mileage or any other added extras.
Information & Pricing
Make an Enquiry
Use the form below to contact us today for more information on our courses and to get a free no obligation quote. We'll respond within 2 hours (usually sooner).
Prefer to Talk?
Talk to our team of experts for more info and pricing.
- Brighton and Hove
- Kingston upon Hull
- City of London
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- St Albans
- St Davids
- Wherever you are!