Psychosis affects people in different ways. It may be a one off experience, be short episodes throughout life or be something someone lives with most of the time.
Symptoms of Psychosis include hallucinations, delusions and disorganised thinking and speech.
This introduction into working with psychosis course is for staff who support individuals with psychosis. The training is delivered by a qualified mental health professional and can be delivered onsite for up to 15 people.Info & Booking Enquiry
We aim to teach the best ways of handling daily routine and interactions with patients/clients. Delegates will learn how to respond to individuals expressing their delusions and who may be suffering from acute distress. This course will give staff more confidence about working with psychosis so they can have a person centred approach.
Who should attend:
All professionals who routinely support individuals with psychotic experiences.
The course aims to give participants a better understanding of the nature of delusions and hallucinations, why these symptoms occur as they do and the psychological factors that maintain them.
Delegates will be introduced to key concepts and skills for working with people who have experiences of psychosis.
- Understand the different reasons why people become Psychotic
- Recognise the different theories for understanding these experiences.
- Explain when psychosis requires intervention.
- Have a snapshot of what is it like to hear voices.
- Developing and expressing empathy
- De-stigmatising the diagnosis to enable the client and the support worker can work constructively on the symptoms that bother them.
- When best to work with people who have very severe episodes of psychosis.
- Enhancing coping skills for the client.
- Discussing medication with the person so that they can make a fully informed decisions.
Assessment & Certification
- Assessment will be by continuous assessment by the trainer – there is no ‘test’ paper.
- A certificate will be issued upon successful completion of course and is valid for three years.
Prerequisite knowledge or qualifications
- None required
This course is often booked with these courses:
- Schizophrenia Awareness
- Bipolar Disorder Training
- Hearing Voices Training
- Ligature Training
- Self Harm Awareness and Ligature Training
Onsite Training Locations
Tidal Training provide onsite face to face healthcare training to large and small organisations across the United Kingdom. Our tutors will travel to your workplace or choice of venue and deliver training at a time and date which fits in with your organisation’s work commitments. If you require training outside of normal working hours we will be more than happy to support you. Our clients do not have to pay for mileage or any other added extras.
Information & Pricing
Make an Enquiry
Use the form below to contact us today for more information on our courses and to get a free no obligation quote. We'll respond within 2 hours (usually sooner).
Prefer to Talk?
Talk to our team of experts for more info and pricing.
- Brighton and Hove
- Kingston upon Hull
- City of London
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- St Albans
- St Davids
- Wherever you are!