Webinar Available for this course
Live interactive webinar and onsite face to face training available for this course This course is now being delivered to groups via live interactive webinar as well as onsite face to face and will be delivered by our professional and qualified educators. If you require further information, please complete the booking enquiry form on this page or call 01242 371 999
This Mental Health Awareness course is delivered by a qualified mental health professional and is suitable for support services staff, employers and employees who may be working with or supporting an individual who have a diagnosis of, or present as if they might be suffering from mental health problems.Info & Booking Enquiry
By the end of the course delegates will have:
- An understanding of mental health (the mental health continuum)
- An increased appreciation of the stigma surrounding mental health issues
- An increased awareness of their own attitudes to mental health and illness
- A basic understanding of the most common mental health issues
- An introduction to looking after their own mental health and recognising early signs of mental health problems
- An overview of how to maintain personal mental wellbeing
- An increased confidence to support someone who may be experiencing mental health problems
- General overview of mental health
- Using language that does not stigmatise
- Most common mental illnesses e.g. anxiety, depression, self harm, suicide, eating disorders, substance misuse
- Practical steps to improve your own mental health
- Supporting and signposting someone with a mental health problem
Assessment & Certification
Assessment will be by continuous assessment by the trainer – there is no ‘test’ paper.
A certificate will be issued upon successful completion of course.
Benefit From Significant Savings on Training Including Discounts of up To 50% When You Choose Our Tidal Training Bundles
Tidal bundles allow you to tailor your training day to meet your specific needs. With the flexibility to choose any two of our half day Ligature Safety and Mental Health Training Courses.
Not only will this bundle provide you with comprehensive training in both ligature safety and mental health, addressing critical aspects of safety and well-being within your organisation, offering a cost-effective and bespoke solution.
Wondering about the cost and savings?
Choosing the Tidal Training Ligature Safety and Mental Health Training Bundle is significantly more affordable than booking two separate courses, saving up to 50% on the standard course cost.
Is it necessary for both courses to be conducted on the same day?
Yes, both courses must be scheduled for the same day. If it is on-site, face-to-face session, they need to take place at the same location.
How does it work?
Select one course for the morning session of a given day, and then choose another course for the afternoon session of the same day. As a result, we’ll reduce the cost of the second course by up to 50%.
Example 1: Training in Self Harm and Suicide Awareness, with Rescue from Ligature Training
Example 2: Training for Engaging in Suicidal Conversations and Mental Health Awareness Training
Example 3: Training in Mental Health Awareness, complemented by Rescue from Ligature Training
Learn More Here
Onsite Training Locations
Tidal Training provide onsite face to face healthcare training to large and small organisations across the United Kingdom. Our tutors will travel to your workplace or choice of venue and deliver training at a time and date which fits in with your organisation’s work commitments. If you require training outside of normal working hours we will be more than happy to support you. Our clients do not have to pay for mileage or any other added extras.
Information & Pricing
Make an Enquiry
Use the form below to contact us today for more information on our courses and to get a free no obligation quote. We'll respond within 2 hours (usually sooner).
Prefer to Talk?
Talk to our team of experts for more info and pricing.
- Brighton and Hove
- Kingston upon Hull
- City of London
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- St Albans
- St Davids
- Wherever you are!