Webinar Available for this course
Live interactive webinar and onsite face to face training available for this course This course is now being delivered to groups via live interactive webinar as well as onsite face to face and will be delivered by our professional and qualified educators. If you require further information, please complete the booking enquiry form on this page or call 01242 371 999
The use of alcohol and other substances can be a misunderstood and emotive topic and it is important to have up to date knowledge, skills and understanding in order to more effectively support those affected by their own use, or that of a loved one. This training day offers a practical guide to improve confidence in working with the presenting issues.Info & Booking Enquiry
Who is the course aimed at?
This Substance Abuse course is aimed at anyone who may directly or indirectly support individuals experiencing issues related to substances including alcohol. It benefits staff working within the Health and Social Care, Education, Criminal Justice sectors as well as other statutory and voluntary community organisations.
Benefits to the learner
- Increased knowledge of substances and their effects, and the consequences for health, society and life opportunities.
- Improved skills and confidence when working with people affected by substance use.
- A greater empathy and understanding of the causes of problematic use and how best to offer support and encourage positive behaviour change.
Substance Abuse Course Content
This course covers:
- Definitions and terminology
- Drug Categories – the physiological and psychological effects
- A focus on alcohol, cannabis & class A substances
- Legal, health and social implications of use
- Facts, stats & drug & alcohol related deaths
- An exploration of attitudes and the consequences of stigma and discrimination
- Harm reduction & relapse prevention
- Treatment & recovery
Course Assessment and Certification
There will be continuous tutor assessment and it is expected that all students show a willingness to learn and participate in discussion. A certificate of completion will be awarded.
Substance Abuse Awareness training is often booked with the following courses:
Onsite Training Locations
Tidal Training provide onsite face to face healthcare training to large and small organisations across the United Kingdom. Our tutors will travel to your workplace or choice of venue and deliver training at a time and date which fits in with your organisation’s work commitments. If you require training outside of normal working hours we will be more than happy to support you. Our clients do not have to pay for mileage or any other added extras.
Information & Pricing
Make an Enquiry
Use the form below to contact us today for more information on our courses and to get a free no obligation quote. We'll respond within 2 hours (usually sooner).
Prefer to Talk?
Talk to our team of experts for more info and pricing.
- Brighton and Hove
- Kingston upon Hull
- City of London
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- St Albans
- St Davids
- Wherever you are!