This accredited 12 hour Paediatric First Aid course will provide learners with the knowledge and practical competency skills needed to deal with a range of emergency first aid situations involving children or infants. The course Ofqual regulated and is delivered in line with the Early Years Foundation stage statutory framework, and accredited by Qualsafe Awards.Info & Booking Enquiry
Teachers, child-minders, parents and nursery school assistants in order for them to provide the knowledge and practical competencies needed to deal with a range of emergency first aid situations involving children or infants.
- Outline the role and responsibilities of a paediatric first aider, including contents of a first aid kit.
- Identify how to assess an incident, and how to record and report accidents or incidents.
- Demonstrate how to treat an infant or child who is suffering from breathing problems, head injuries, anaphylaxis, shock, insect stings, spinal injuries and chronic medical conditions.
- Demonstrate how to deliver first aid to a child that is too hot or cold, unresponsive, choking or bleeding.
At the end of the course delegates should be able to:
- Understand the role and responsibility of the paediatric first aider.
- Assess an emergency situation safely.
- Demonstrate how to correctly manage and record any incidents/accidents, in accordance with the workplace policy.
- Provide first aid for an infant and a child who is unresponsive, choking or suffering from shock.
- Provide first aid to an infant and a child with external bleeding, bites, stings or other minor injuries.
- Provide first aid to an infant and a child with a suspected fracture or head, neck or back injury.
- Understand how to administer first aid to an infant and a child who is experiencing the effects of extreme heat and cold, or various burns/scalds.
- Understand how to provide first aid to an infant or child with anaphylaxis, including the use of auto-injectable devices.
Course Assessment and Certification
Learners must undertake a practical assessment of their competence along with a short open response knowledge assessment, where learners are required to provide a short response to a prescribed series of questions.
This qualification lasts for a period of 3 years, after which point learners will need to retake the course. In addition to this it is also recommended that learners refresh their knowledge annually.
Onsite Training Locations
Tidal Training provide onsite face to face healthcare training to large and small organisations across the United Kingdom. Our tutors will travel to your workplace or choice of venue and deliver training at a time and date which fits in with your organisation’s work commitments. If you require training outside of normal working hours we will be more than happy to support you. Our clients do not have to pay for mileage or any other added extras.
Information & Pricing
Make an Enquiry
Use the form below to contact us today for more information on our courses and to get a free no obligation quote. We'll respond within 2 hours (usually sooner).
Prefer to Talk?
Talk to our team of experts for more info and pricing.
- Brighton and Hove
- Kingston upon Hull
- City of London
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- St Albans
- St Davids
- Wherever you are!