Webinar Available for this course
Live interactive webinar and onsite face to face training available for this course This course is now being delivered to groups via live interactive webinar as well as onsite face to face and will be delivered by our professional and qualified educators. If you require further information, please complete the booking enquiry form on this page or call 01242 371 999
This Care Planning training gives care and support workers key knowledge and a better understanding to effectively write a care plans for the individuals they support whilst ensuring that a clear log is available for CQC and Ofsted inspections. Care planning can be complex and can vary between different care sectors. This course will be tailored to your specific requirements.Info & Booking Enquiry
This training will enable learners to understand the process and what is involved in Care Planning, know the information that is needed and how it should be recorded. They will also learn how to support an individual with advance care planning.
The course is targeted to all health and social care workers who are involved in the process of care planning and work in settings such as Care Homes, Day Centres, or supporting an in supported living or an individual in their own home.
- What is a Care Plan?
- What is Person Centred Care?
- The components of the Care Planning Cycle
- Required levels of communication, use of documentation and record keeping
- The importance of Care Plan reviews, their purpose
- Risk Management / Assessments
- Partnership Working
- How to develop care plans
- How to carry out assessments
- ‘This is me’ section
- Review care plans regularly and in response to critical incident / Change in Risk
- Who is responsible for which part of the process
- What not to do
- How to carry out risk management
- Wording to use
- Person Centred Planning
- Partnership Working
- Meeting Professional, local, national standards following recommended best practice.
- Aims, Actions, Responsibilities
- Goal Setting – Setting out what do you want to achieve, by when, how to measure success and measuring weather or not we have achieved it.
- Accessibility to care plans by all supporting in the client’s life.
- Linking care planning to reviews.
- Useful/ Good Practice re: Behaviour Support
- What to cover for meeting safeguarding, legal requirements
Care Planning Training Assessment and Certification
There will be continuous tutor assessment, there is no final examination.
Those students who complete the course and are deemed to have reached the required standard will be awarded a certificate that is valid for 2 years.
Care Planning training is often booked with the following courses:
- Professional Boundaries
- Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (MCA & DoLS)
- Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults Training
- Safeguarding of Vulnerable Children
Onsite Training Locations
Tidal Training provide onsite face to face healthcare training to large and small organisations across the United Kingdom. Our tutors will travel to your workplace or choice of venue and deliver training at a time and date which fits in with your organisation’s work commitments. If you require training outside of normal working hours we will be more than happy to support you. Our clients do not have to pay for mileage or any other added extras.
Information & Pricing
Make an Enquiry
Use the form below to contact us today for more information on our courses and to get a free no obligation quote. We'll respond within 2 hours (usually sooner).
Prefer to Talk?
Talk to our team of experts for more info and pricing.
- Brighton and Hove
- Kingston upon Hull
- City of London
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- St Albans
- St Davids
- Wherever you are!