Penthrox Methoxyflurane is the new hand-held emergency pain relief inhaler which delivers analgesic medication quickly to individuals involved in accidents involving trauma and the medication had transformed the management of emergency pain relief.
This course is run as a face to face onsite trps of up to 12 learners.Info & Booking Enquiry
Penthrox is ideal for for use by medics in Mountain Rescue, Event Medical Cover, Police, UK Fire Brigades, RNLI and High Risk Industries.
JRCALC guidelines now recommend the use of Penthrox for emergency pain relief in the United Kingdom.
Penthrox® also known as ‘The Green Whistle’ is geared towards transforming the management of emergency pain relief. It has and will help emergency healthcare professionals treat patients quickly and effectively and has been available in Australia and New Zealand for a number of years.
The pocket-sized inhaler delivers an analgesic medicine quickly to accident victims and trauma casualties. Penthrox contains methoxyflurane, a pain relieving medicine, which is delivered via a small, handheld inhaler to provide fast, effective pain relief within 6 –10 breaths.
This Penthrox Training will be delivered by a fully qualified HCPC paramedic with a recognised teaching qualification.
History & Background
- Methoxyflurane – Effectiveness as an analgesic agent
- Methoxyflurane the Agent – safety and adverse reactions
- Patient selection and safety
- The Penthrox inhaler – setup and administration
- Self-assessment clinical cases – Suitable for Penthrox?
Advantages of Penthrox:
- Potent analgesic (pain relief) properties
- Easy to train and simple to use
- Inhaled (no need for injections)
- Small, light and portable (easily given to inaccessible patients)
- Disposable – single patient use only (prevents cross infection)
- Easy to administer, handle and manage
- Safe – no adverse reactions
- No unsafe pollution in enclosed environments
- Can be simultaneously administered with oxygen therapy
On successful completion of the course a certificate of completion will be awarded.
Onsite Training Locations
Tidal Training provide onsite face to face healthcare training to large and small group organisations and across the United Kingdom. Our tutors will travel to your workplace or choice of venue and deliver training at a time and date which fits in with your organisations work commitments. If you require training outside of normal working hours we will be more than happy to support you.
Information & Pricing
Make an Enquiry
Use the form below to contact us today for more information on our courses and to get a free no obligation quote. We'll respond within 2 hours (usually sooner).
Prefer to Talk?
Talk to our team of experts for more info and pricing.
- Brighton and Hove
- Kingston upon Hull
- City of London
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- St Albans
- St Davids
- Wherever you are!