This Simple Wound Management course has been developed to enable healthcare professionals to treat wounds effectively. By the end of this course each attendee will have a greater appreciation of wound types, approaches to wound care and the appropriate skills and techniques to treat them successfully.Info & Booking Enquiry
What will be covered on the course?
- The general principles of wound care
- Factors that delay and promote wound healing
- Assessment of wounds (type and severity)
- Different types of wounds
- Approaches to wound management (including steri-strips)
- Wound dressing procedure
- Approaches to wound dressings, how they work and when to use
- Removal of sutures/clips
- Recognising signs of infection and deterioration
- Relevant national guidance
- Obtaining informed consent
- Health and safety, infection control and safe disposal of equipment
- Accountability and delegating responsibility
- Appropriate documentation of procedure including: report writing, care planning, incident reporting and risk assessments
Course Assessment and Certification
Delegates will be continually assessed in the classroom and after successful completion of the course a certificate of attendance will be awarded which is valid for 2 years.
This course is often booked with the following courses:
- Pressure Area Care and Tissue Viability Training
- Wound Care Management For Self Harm Injuries
- Wound Care Management
Onsite Training Locations
Tidal Training provide onsite face to face healthcare training to large and small organisations across the United Kingdom. Our tutors will travel to your workplace or choice of venue and deliver training at a time and date which fits in with your organisation’s work commitments. If you require training outside of normal working hours we will be more than happy to support you. Our clients do not have to pay for mileage or any other added extras.
Information & Pricing
Make an Enquiry
Use the form below to contact us today for more information on our courses and to get a free no obligation quote. We'll respond within 2 hours (usually sooner).
Prefer to Talk?
Talk to our team of experts for more info and pricing.
- Brighton and Hove
- Kingston upon Hull
- City of London
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- St Albans
- St Davids
- Wherever you are!