Clinical Training Course | 3 Hour Course For Up To 12 learners | Onsite Training For Groups
This COPD training course is specifically designed to prepare healthcare workers to enable them to give support to individuals with COPD, enabling them to manage their condition.Info & Booking Enquiry
The content reflects the priorities for care identified in the NICE (2010) guidelines for the management of COPD in adults. This will enable support workers to develop the knowledge and skills necessary to to support an individual with the disease
Outline of the COPD Course:
- Describe the anatomy and physiology of the lungs
- Define the term COPD
- Describe and discussion about the causes of COPD including: Asthma, Emphysema, Chronic Bronchitis and Chest Infections
- Recognise the signs and symptoms
- Clarify the effects of smoking and the benefits of quitting
- Demonstrate how to score the level of breathlessness
- Appreciate how different therapies can help improve lung function
- Explain the pros and cons of medications for the treatment of COPD
- Appreciate the need for oxygen therapy
- Recognise medical emergencies and when to call for help
Onsite Training Locations
Tidal Training provide onsite face to face healthcare training to large and small group organisations and across the United Kingdom. Our tutors will travel to your workplace or choice of venue and deliver training at a time and date which fits in with your organisations work commitments. If you require training outside of normal working hours we will be more than happy to support you.
Information & Pricing
Make an Enquiry
Use the form below to contact us today for more information on our courses and to get a free no obligation quote. We'll respond within 2 hours (usually sooner).
Prefer to Talk?
Talk to our team of experts for more info and pricing.
- Brighton and Hove
- Kingston upon Hull
- City of London
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- St Albans
- St Davids
- Wherever you are!