Webinar Available for this courseThis course is now being delivered to groups via live webinar and will be delivered by our professional and qualified educators.
If you require further information, please complete the booking enquiry form on this page or call 01242 371 999
This Respiratory Conditions Awareness Training is specifically designed to prepare healthcare professionals and support workers to provide appropriate and effective support to patients/clients with COPD, Asthma, Emphysema, and other respiratory conditions, enabling them to manage their condition.Info & Booking Enquiry
- Describe the anatomy and physiology of the respiratory system
- Define the term COPD
- The causes of Chronic Respiratory diseases including: COPD, Asthma, Emphysema, Chronic Bronchitis & Chest Infections.
- Signs and symptoms
- Effects of smoking and the benefits of quitting
- How to score the level of breathlessness
- Different therapies can help improve lung function
- Pros and cons of medications for the treatment of COPD
- Appreciate the need for oxygen therapy
- Medical emergencies and when to call for help
Course Assessment and Certification
The is no formal assessment for this awareness course. The trainer will continuously monitor attendees and on successful completion of the training, learners will be issued with a certificate of attendance which is valid for 3 years.
This course is often booked with the following courses:
Onsite Training Locations
Tidal Training provide onsite face to face healthcare training to large and small organisations across the United Kingdom. Our tutors will travel to your workplace or choice of venue and deliver training at a time and date which fits in with your organisation’s work commitments. If you require training outside of normal working hours we will be more than happy to support you. Our clients do not have to pay for mileage or any other added extras.
Information & Pricing
Make an Enquiry
Use the form below to contact us today for more information on our courses and to get a free no obligation quote. We'll respond within 2 hours (usually sooner).
Prefer to Talk?
Talk to our team of experts for more info and pricing.
- Brighton and Hove
- Kingston upon Hull
- City of London
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- St Albans
- St Davids
- Wherever you are!