This Respiratory Conditions Awareness Training is specifically designed to prepare healthcare professionals working in primary and secondary care to provide appropriate and effective treatments and to enable them to give support to individuals with COPD Asthma, Emphysema and other respiratory conditions , enabling them to manage their condition..Info & Booking Enquiry
The content reflects the priorities for care identified in the NICE CG101 guidelines for the management of COPD in adults.
- Describe the anatomy and physiology of the lungs
- Define the term COPD
- Describe and discussion about the causes of COPD including associated conditions:
Asthma, Emphysema, Chronic Bronchitis & Chest Infections
- Recognise the signs and symptoms
- Clarify the effects of smoking and the benefits of quitting
- Demonstrate how to score the level of breathlessness
- Appreciate how different therapies can help improve lung function
- Explain the pros and cons of medications for the treatment of COPD
- Have increased knowledge of the products available
- Appreciate the need for oxygen therapy
- Recognise medical emergencies and when to call for help
Course Assessment and Certification
The is no formal assessment for this awareness course. The trainer will continuously monitor attendees and on successful completion of the training, learners will be issued with a certificate of attendance which is valid for 2 years.
Onsite Training Locations
Tidal Training provide onsite face to face healthcare training to large and small group organisations and across the United Kingdom. Our tutors will travel to your workplace or choice of venue and deliver training at a time and date which fits in with your organisations work commitments. If you require training outside of normal working hours we will be more than happy to support you.
Information & Pricing
Make an Enquiry
Use the form below to contact us today for more information on our courses and to get a free no obligation quote. We'll respond within 2 hours (usually sooner).
Prefer to Talk?
Talk to our team of experts for more info and pricing.
- Brighton and Hove
- Kingston upon Hull
- City of London
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- St Albans
- St Davids
- Wherever you are!