This defensible documentation training is delivered onsite to groups of up to fifteen delegates. It is designed to give attendees a better understanding of the principles of good communication and record keeping ensuring that everything they document is clear and concise. Effective communication skills are essential when working in the healthcare sector. The CQC look to this as a key indicator of a good practice.Info & Booking Enquiry
Managers, team leaders, support workers who work in care homes, hospitals, community teams, mental health units, learning disability units, domiciliary agencies and Voluntary Organisations.
- Raise awareness of importance of keeping defensible and accurate electronic and paper records.
- Understand the purpose and principles behind quality written information.
- Recognise information that is appropriate and inappropriate for recording.
- Identify effective and appropriate ways of presenting information.
- Understand the need for, and the limits of, confidentiality.
This course consists of the following topics:
- Why do we need defensible documentation training?
- Written records for healthcare and independent care.
- Good practice guidelines.
- What should and should not be documented.
- Taking and making accurate records.
- The use of ‘plain English’ and minimising the use of jargon.
- Keeping records secure.
- Confidentiality and GDPR.
- Principles of the GDPR.
- Defensible documentation.
- The potential consequences of poor record keeping.
Course Assessment and Certification
Assessment is carried out by the trainer throughout the course.
On successful completion of the course students will receive a certificate of attendance which is valid for three years.
Onsite Training Locations
Tidal Training provide onsite face to face healthcare training to large and small group organisations and across the United Kingdom. Our tutors will travel to your workplace or choice of venue and deliver training at a time and date which fits in with your organisations work commitments. If you require training outside of normal working hours we will be more than happy to support you.
Information & Pricing
Make an Enquiry
Use the form below to contact us today for more information on our courses and to get a free no obligation quote. We'll respond within 2 hours (usually sooner).
Prefer to Talk?
Talk to our team of experts for more info and pricing.
- Brighton and Hove
- Kingston upon Hull
- City of London
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- St Albans
- St Davids
- Wherever you are!