Who the course is for?
This Mental Health Awareness course if suitable for support services staff, employers and employees who may be working with or supporting and individual who have a diagnosis of, or present as if they might be suffering from mental health problems.
Course Objectives and Key Benefits
By the end of the course delegates will have:
- An understanding of mental health and the stigma surrounding it
- Confidence to deal with individuals who may be experiencing mental health problems
- An increased awareness of their own attitudes to mental health and illness
- The knowledge to give improved care to those currently experiencing mental health issues
- An understanding of pathways to mental health support in the local community
- General overview of mental health problems
- Signs and symptoms, nature and causes and how they affect people
- Types of mental illness e.g. depression, bipolar, psychosis
- The importance of social inclusion
- Practical steps to improve your own mental health
- What help is available in the community
Assessment & Certification
Assessment will be by continuous assessment by the trainer – there is no ‘test’ paper.
A certificate will be issued upon successful completion of course.
Onsite Training Locations
Tidal Training provide onsite face to face healthcare training to large and small group organisations and across the United Kingdom. Our tutors will travel to your workplace or choice of venue and deliver training at a time and date which fits in with your organisations work commitments. If you require training outside of normal working hours we will be more than happy to support you.
Information & Pricing
Make an Enquiry
Use the form below to contact us today for more information on our courses and to get a free no obligation quote. We'll respond within 2 hours (usually sooner).
Prefer to Talk?
Talk to our team of experts for more info and pricing.
- Brighton and Hove
- Kingston upon Hull
- City of London
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- St Albans
- St Davids
- Wherever you are!