This Oral Suctioning and Nebuliser training is targeted at anyone working in a care or nursing environment where suctioning is a requirement and a suction machine is available.Info & Booking Enquiry
The course will cover the following:
- Possible risks of suctioning
- Procedure – plus brief infection control talk
- Who might require suction
- Why suction
- When to suction – noticing changes in residents
- Where to suction – sites and equipment
- What is suction
- Oxygen transport and usage
- Hypoxia causes and management
- High and low concentration oxygen
- Equipment used including ventilators
- Nebulisers and their efficacy
- Dynamic lung volume measurements
- Nebuliser drugs, use and risks
- Oropharyngeal suctioning
- Types of secretion
- Procedures and associated risks
- Practical session
After attending this course delegates will be able to demonstrate a much improved understanding of the needs for Oral Suctioning and Nebuliser Training as well as confidence in their ability to safely use a suction machine.
Course Assessment and Certification
There will be continuous tutor assessment, there is no final examination for this course.
Those students who complete the course and are deemed to have reached the required standard will be awarded a certificate of attendance which is valid for 2 years.
This course is often booked with these courses:
Onsite Training Locations
Tidal Training provide onsite face to face healthcare training to large and small group organisations and across the United Kingdom. Our tutors will travel to your workplace or choice of venue and deliver training at a time and date which fits in with your organisations work commitments. If you require training outside of normal working hours we will be more than happy to support you.
Information & Pricing
Make an Enquiry
Use the form below to contact us today for more information on our courses and to get a free no obligation quote. We'll respond within 2 hours (usually sooner).
Prefer to Talk?
Talk to our team of experts for more info and pricing.
- Brighton and Hove
- Kingston upon Hull
- City of London
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- St Albans
- St Davids
- Wherever you are!