This PEG Feeding course will familiarise learners with the methods and reason of PEG Feeding (Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy). It is an essential course for any staff who come into contact regularly with service users who utilise a PEG.
PEG feeding training raises awareness and familiarises individuals whilst ensuring staff have sufficient knowledge to work safely.Info & Booking Enquiry
- The purpose of PEG feeding
- Conditions which may require a PEG
- Indications and contra indications of PEG
- The procedures for feeding via PEG
- Recognising, dealing with and reporting complications
- The care and maintenance of enteral feeding tubes
- Understand the procedures for feeding and administering medications via enteral tubes
- Procedures for effective mouth care
- Documentation and record keeping
- Practical session
On completion delegates will be able to demonstrate much improved awareness of PEG feeding including the causes, needs and requirements.
Upon completion delegates will be issued with a PEG Feeding Course certificate of attendance which is valid for 2 years.
Onsite Training Locations
Tidal Training provide onsite face to face healthcare training to large and small group organisations and across the United Kingdom. Our tutors will travel to your workplace or choice of venue and deliver training at a time and date which fits in with your organisations work commitments. If you require training outside of normal working hours we will be more than happy to support you.
Information & Pricing
Make an Enquiry
Use the form below to contact us today for more information on our courses and to get a free no obligation quote. We'll respond within 2 hours (usually sooner).
Prefer to Talk?
Talk to our team of experts for more info and pricing.
- Brighton and Hove
- Kingston upon Hull
- City of London
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- St Albans
- St Davids
- Wherever you are!