Access for all: how we ensure our training is suited to every member of your team
At Tidal Training, we specialise in the delivery of medical and clinical, bespoke mental health, learning disability and health and social care courses by highly qualified trainers. We design our courses to meet and exceed health care sector standards. At Tidal, it is essential that all of our courses are precise, relevant, have comprehensive learning materials, are legislatively compliant, and most of all, engaging. We don’t stop there though! For us, it’s important that our training suits every individual in your team, which is why we work hard to make it accessible for all.
Here are just four ways our courses are adapted for learners
- Inclusiveness is at the heart of what we do. We are so passionate about accessibility that we continuously develop innovate and current course content to reflect specific needs. This starts at Tidal with our team who are deaf aware and teach Visual Impairment Awareness and Learning Disability Awareness. This means that they are always ready and able to adapt training to meet the needs of any student, without additional planning time or training.
- We send a Training Needs Analysis before we deliver the training. Working directly with your team before the training is delivered, we undertake a needs analysis to best understand what the sessions training objectives. This tells us everything from their current level of understanding, to their next step in the job, but also lets you highlight any considerations such as dyslexia or disability.
- All our course materials are accessible. As well as our core versions, we have multiple learning options for our course materials and post-course resources. This includes providing large font formats, audio or video recordings and interactive live webinar as preferred.
- Nothing is too much. We welcome reasonable adjustments as part of our bespoke training philosophy, which means no matter what your team member needs, we’ll find the best way to help. For example, we
- work with interpreters including sign-language.
- provide digital format materials in advance to input into adaptive software
- adjust digital and print format materials including increased font sizes
- facilitate break-out sessions with additional adapted formats to enable every individual to participate, regardless of their needs.
- On a wider note, we are proud to be Disability Confident Employers, supporting Government’s drive to change behaviour and cultures in the workplace and wider community. We can all reap the benefits of inclusive culture by focussing on what individuals can do, rather than some perceptions of disabilities.
This is by no means an exhaustive list, and as well as working with you, we encourage discussion and engagement prior to and after training to maximise learning.
Our focus is always to maximise opportunities for learning and professional development, and to combine the course content with the needs of the individual. This allows our training to be set to the most appropriate level for the delegates on the day, meaning that no two sessions are delivered identically, and training is adapted to ensure that learners are actively engaged.
Access for all sits at the very heart of our culture, Tidal Training Director is former Royal Army Medical Corps and an active supporter of the Armed Forces Covenant. We pledge that together we acknowledge and understand that those who serve or who have served in the armed forces, and their families, should be treated with fairness and respect in the communities, economy and society they serve with their lives.
How can we support your values with our training and development programmes?