Mental Health Training | Learning Disability Training | Group Training for Support Staff | Maximum 15 Attendees
This Positive Behaviour Management course provides support staff with the knowledge they need to respond appropriately to an individuals challenging behaviour.Info & Booking Enquiry
The course teaches support staff how to communicate with individuals effectively, how to address any behavioural issues, and how to improve their behaviour in a more confident and constructive manner. This course will give learners the tools needed to identify trigger points to help defuse and de-escalate in potentially violent & aggressive situations.
What is positive behaviour support?
- Rights of people with a disability
- Victorian Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities 2006
- Attitudes, perceptions and values
- Rights of disability support workers
- Getting to know the person: Personal background factors
- Behaviours of concern and challenging behaviours
- Functional behaviour assessment
- Mistaken and alternative interpretations of behaviour
- Behaviour recording
- STAR charts
Positive behaviour support
- Changing background factors
- Skill development strategies
- Short-term strategies
- Immediate response strategies
- General risk minimising strategies
- Maintaining self-control
Course Assessment and Certification
There will be continuous tutor assessment, there is no final examination.
Those students who complete the course and are deemed to have reached the required standard will be awarded a certificate attendance.
Onsite Training Locations
Tidal Training provide onsite face to face healthcare training to large and small group organisations and across the United Kingdom. Our tutors will travel to your workplace or choice of venue and deliver training at a time and date which fits in with your organisations work commitments. If you require training outside of normal working hours we will be more than happy to support you.
Information & Pricing
Make an Enquiry
Use the form below to contact us today for more information on our courses and to get a free no obligation quote. We'll respond within 2 hours (usually sooner).
Prefer to Talk?
Talk to our team of experts for more info and pricing.
- Brighton and Hove
- Kingston upon Hull
- City of London
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- St Albans
- St Davids
- Wherever you are!