Webinar Available for this course
Live interactive webinar and onsite face to face training available for this course This course is now being delivered to groups via live interactive webinar as well as onsite face to face and will be delivered by our professional and qualified educators. If you require further information, please complete the booking enquiry form on this page or call 01242 371 999
Learn how to develop a psychologically informed environment. This course will look at the 5 key elements that make up a psychologically informed environment, as well as looking at how frontline staff can lead the change within their service and start their journey to becoming psychologically informed.Info & Booking Enquiry
Training and supporting organisations or services into creating Psychologically Informed Environments (PIE) takes into account previous complex trauma of clients as well as the psychological needs of the workforce providing the service.
We will explore the psychological make-up and past experience of participants, as well as considering the psychological needs of their colleagues in developing skills, knowledge, increasing motivation, job satisfaction and resilience.
Who is Psychologically Informed Environments (PIE) training targeted at?
This course is designed for frontline staff and operational managers in all services. It is advisable that services that book this course have an understanding or expectation of the psychological framework you will be using.
- Reflect on your current service and the reasons you should work in a psychologically informed way
- Defining PIE
- The 5 key elements of PIE
- What skills do you need to work in a psychologically informed way?
- The challenges of working in a psychologically informed way.
By the end of this course delegates will:
- Understand what PIE is and the rationale for services using this approach
- Understand the 5 principles of psychologically informed environments
- Be able to apply the 5 principles to their roles using a Strengths-Based Approach and embedding reflective practice into their service
- Be made aware of and be able to link into services who have already implemented a PIE approach
- Be able to help plan for long term implementation of PIE into their service through effective action plans.
Psychologically Informed Environments (PIE) Training Assessment and Certification
Assessment will be by continuous assessment by the trainer – there is no ‘test’ paper.
A certificate will be issued upon successful completion of course.
This half day course is often booked with these half day courses:
- Mental Health Awareness
- Strength Based Training
- Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (MCA & DoLS)
- Mental Capacity Act and Liberty Protection Safeguards (MCA & LPS)
Onsite Training Locations
Tidal Training provide onsite face to face healthcare training to large and small organisations across the United Kingdom. Our tutors will travel to your workplace or choice of venue and deliver training at a time and date which fits in with your organisation’s work commitments. If you require training outside of normal working hours we will be more than happy to support you. Our clients do not have to pay for mileage or any other added extras.
Information & Pricing
Make an Enquiry
Use the form below to contact us today for more information on our courses and to get a free no obligation quote. We'll respond within 2 hours (usually sooner).
Prefer to Talk?
Talk to our team of experts for more info and pricing.
- Brighton and Hove
- Kingston upon Hull
- City of London
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- St Albans
- St Davids
- Wherever you are!