This tracheostomy care training course aims to familiarise learners with the reasons for tracheostomy and will raise awareness around tracheostomy whilst ensuring staff have sufficient knowledge to work safely around them. A vital course for any staff who come into contact regularly with individuals who have a tracheostomy.Info & Booking Enquiry
Tracheostomy Care Training Course Summary:
- Anatomy and physiology
- Infection control procedures and prevention
- Different types of tracheostomy
- Indications for tracheostomy
- Complications of tracheostomy
- Changing of dressings and keeping the area clean
- Fitting, changing and managing an inner cannula tube
- The use of suctioning a patient with a tracheostomy
- Communication and care of an individual with a tracheostomy tube
- Accurate record keeping and documentation
On successful completion learners will have a better understanding and awareness of tracheostomy. During the practical sessions learners will have the opportunity to practise their day to day tasks so they can work with more confidence whilst reducing risk.
Delegates will be issued with certificates of attendance valid for a period of 2 years.
Onsite Training Locations
Tidal Training provide onsite face to face healthcare training to large and small group organisations and across the United Kingdom. Our tutors will travel to your workplace or choice of venue and deliver training at a time and date which fits in with your organisations work commitments. If you require training outside of normal working hours we will be more than happy to support you.
Information & Pricing
Make an Enquiry
Use the form below to contact us today for more information on our courses and to get a free no obligation quote. We'll respond within 2 hours (usually sooner).
Prefer to Talk?
Talk to our team of experts for more info and pricing.
- Brighton and Hove
- Kingston upon Hull
- City of London
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- St Albans
- St Davids
- Wherever you are!