Bipolar disorder is a condition which, formerly known as manic depression. Sufferers can go through phases of both depression and mania. This Bipolar Disorder course is specifically designed to support staff who care for those with bipolar disorder.Info & Booking Enquiry
We put importance on learners understanding the causes and effects of bipolar disorder and attitudes towards it. Learners will also be equipped with the tools required to recognise someone who is suffering from the disorder and to provide them with the appropriate treatment, care and support.
- What is Bipolar Disorder?
- Causes and effects (psychological, physical and mental).
- Symptoms, characteristics and diagnosis of Bipolar Disorder.
- Dealing with Bipolar Disorder long term.
- Attitudes and stigma regarding Bipolar Disorder.
- Negative connections such as self harm, suicide, drug and alcohol abuse and anxiety.
- Treatment options, such as medication, lifestyle changes and therapy.
- Understanding of depression and mania.
Course Assessment and Certification
Assessment will be by continuous assessment by the trainer – there is no ‘test’ paper.
A certificate will be issued upon successful completion of course.
Onsite Training Locations
Tidal Training provide onsite face to face healthcare training to large and small group organisations and across the United Kingdom. Our tutors will travel to your workplace or choice of venue and deliver training at a time and date which fits in with your organisations work commitments. If you require training outside of normal working hours we will be more than happy to support you.
Information & Pricing
Make an Enquiry
Use the form below to contact us today for more information on our courses and to get a free no obligation quote. We'll respond within 2 hours (usually sooner).
Prefer to Talk?
Talk to our team of experts for more info and pricing.
- Brighton and Hove
- Kingston upon Hull
- City of London
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- St Albans
- St Davids
- Wherever you are!