Self Harm Training & Ligature Training is essential for all staff who support individuals who are at risk of attempting suicide or self-harm by a number of means including the application of a ligature.
We give delegates skills and knowledge to recognise self harm and ligature injuries, safely remove someone from various means of strangulation and how to treat them post ligature.Info & Booking Enquiry
A Statement from our Director
At Tidal, we take great pride in delivering fit-for-purpose, original and pioneering courses. A perfect example of this is our suite of Suicide Awareness and Rescue from Ligature training courses. This is original content devised and created by our specialist team at Tidal. We brought these combined courses to the market 4 years ago. Much has moved on since then particularly in respect of mental health and suicide awareness. That’s why it’s important to choose a training provider that genuinely knows, understands and delivers deep, meaningful and engaging training that genuinely adds value, raises knowledge and standards of awareness and understanding. All of our trainers teaching these courses are highly experienced professionals with recognised qualifications who complete ongoing CPD in these subjects.
As one of our clients said to me recently “Beware of cheap imitations. This is not the sort of training we can afford to get wrong”
Self Harm Training Course Content (Morning session)
- What is self harm
- Types of self harm including Ligature Self Harm
- Concepts of self harm
- Causes of self harm
- Situations for discussion
- Risk Management
Suicide Awareness and Ligature Awareness Course Content (Afternoon Session)
The ligature awareness training course includes the following:
- Suicide Statistics (National Confidential Inquiry into Suicide and Homicide by People with Mental Illness. Annual Report 2016)
- Why do people attempt and sometimes complete suicide
- What demographics tell us
- Ability to identify hazards and evaluate risk
- Know the importance of the review process.
- Statistics on ligature injuries in HCE
- Identification of potential ligatures
- Discussion on ligature points
- Implementing control measures
- Explore anti ligature devices
- Management of the ligatured person
- Personal risk assessment and approach
- Signs and symptoms of ligature injuries
- Use of the ligature knife demonstration and practical ligature cutting exercise including:
- Safe removal of ligature using a range of ligature cutters
- Safe removal from Suspension
- Safe storage of ligature cutters
Course Assessment and Certification
There will be continuous tutor assessment on the correct use of Ligature Cutters. Those students who complete the course and are deemed to have reached the required standard will be awarded a certificate of attendance.
I just wanted to let you know that your tutor came to deliver our training today. It was excellent training. He tailored it to our needs and the young person’s needs in particular. The tutor facilitated the training in a way that generated discussion amongst our staff team, let it flow and inputted when required.
I have passed on my compliments in person but just thought I would let you know as well.
This is really excellent training that I will pass on to other agencies should they have a need like we do.
JP (Acting Manager)
Onsite Training Locations
Tidal Training provide onsite face to face healthcare training to large and small group organisations and across the United Kingdom. Our tutors will travel to your workplace or choice of venue and deliver training at a time and date which fits in with your organisations work commitments. If you require training outside of normal working hours we will be more than happy to support you.
Information & Pricing
Make an Enquiry
Use the form below to contact us today for more information on our courses and to get a free no obligation quote. We'll respond within 2 hours (usually sooner).
Prefer to Talk?
Talk to our team of experts for more info and pricing.
- Brighton and Hove
- Kingston upon Hull
- City of London
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- St Albans
- St Davids
- Wherever you are!